Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
- 2 ½ cups almond flour, divided
- 6 ounces shredded Colby, pepper jack or your favorite cheese
- 5 tbsp butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, place 1 cup almond flour and the shredded cheese. Process until fine grained. Set aside.
- In a glass mixing bowl, or large glass measuring cup, place the butter and cream cheese. Microwave for about 30 seconds or until butter melts a little, then remove and whisk until smooth and glossy.
- Whisk in eggs until the mixture is glossy and smooth. Mix in garlic, baking soda, xanthum gum and salt.
- Add the almond flour cheese mixture to the egg mixture. Add the remaining almond flour and stir/fold until mixed well and a dough forms.
- Drop by tablespoon full on to the cookie sheet, spacing them about an inch apart. You can roll the dough a little to smooth it for a pretty biscuit.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top starts to show a slight golden brown color. Remove and let cool 10 minutes. Makes about 37 biscuits.
Nutrition for entire batch: 3543 calories, 325g fat, 126g protein, 67 g carb, 27g fiber, 40g net carb.
Nutrition for 1 roll out of 37: 96 calories, 9 g fat, 3g protein, 2g carb, 1g fiber, 1g net carb.